Noreen Carden Poems
- Goodbye My Son The wire you ordered came today. I stacked it...
- Life A Journey I am born. My own clean sheet. My road in ...
- Lost Summer Song He flew in with the first days of ...
- The Person We See Grey wispy hair pokes through her ...
- Heart And Soul Revised A heart can break without a sound. A ...
- Used T O Be I go deep to search your eyes. Icy cold is what ...
- Children Of War Thunderous noises screaming guns. Fires ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Goodbye My Son
The wire you ordered came today.
I stacked it by the garden gate.
Standing under the arc of a rainbow.
In your big raincoat snuggled safe.
God knows you're in my head.
The dog whines knowing you are gone.
Twice today I heard your favourite song.
I check the phone in the hall.
Way too early for your call.
My powers of persuasion didn't work.
To beg you stay I had no right.
So I drove you there to catch your flight.
I cant believe sun shone that day.
All my colours are washed away.
You are a carpenter building a bridge to go.
While the tattered ...