STOP GRUMBLING... OCT 23RD,2013
Could they prorogue parliament again just to go fishing?
Could they pass a law that we should stop Internet bitching?
Because they are aristocrats and we are just non-voting numbers,
No compulsory voting, DWD and no more grumblers.
And another speech from the throne by an aristocrat up high,
And none of those compliant journalists will dare to explain why,
This is front-and-center political Ottawa stuff here and now,
And no one would dare to stand up straight and disallow.
Because we need death-with-dignity and the sooner the better,
We need one politician on our side who is a go-getter,
We also need compulsory voting which they swept under the rug,
And then they behave like appointed aristocrats and smug.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (STOP GRUMBLING... OCT 23RD,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- To My Son, Robert Leary
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock