Sublime Rhyme Time!
Stand back, another's coming through!
Another poem's here!
Hello, hello, hello to you,
My precious, little dear...
And how are you, this fine old day?
I hope you're feeling fine!
What's that? You've got something to say?
Then tell me your first line!
O.K, that's written on the page,
What's next? I'm curious!
Come close, right here, on centre stage,
Be brave, victorious!
My word, you're such a pretty thing,
A bright light, all aglow...
I wonder what on Earth you'll bring?
I've simply got to know!
Oh, yes, I like that very much,
A sentimental theme...
The sort that's got the gentle touch,
A dream within a dream...
Now comes a picture from your heart,
Its story to unwind,
Oh, yes, now that's a work of art,
The kind I like to find...
Come close and whisper how it ends,
A secret I can share
With fellow poets and my friends,
Who for such poems care...
I love you, poem pal, sublime,
You trusted me today...
You granted me a time to rhyme,
I wish that you could stay...
But you must go, to someone new,
Some poet, young or old,
Another poem to get through,
Something as good as gold...
Go with my blessing, shine your light!
I'll miss you when you leave...
God bless the ones you help to write
The poems they receive...
Denis Martindale, copyright, July 2013.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sublime Rhyme Time! by Denis Martindale )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra