The sun behind the gray clouds hid away
Yet it is such a mild and balmy day
Not warm or cool with just the slightest breeze
Such lovely weather never fail to please.
Such heartfelt pleasure misnamed leisure hours
In her front garden watering her flowers
Suburban woman hums a catchy tune
A happy soul on a Spring afternoon.
White butterflies around the roses play
Their life is brief five human years to a day
And wattlebirds croak on the flowering trees
In temperatures of near twenty degrees.
Noisy miners piping in the park nearby
And in and out of flowering gums the lories fly
And suburban woman know the bird by it's cry
And she loves Nature and Nature's beauty enjoy.
She waters her roses and her garden tend
And to Mother Nature she is a good friend
Harmful pesticides or noxious sprays she doesn't use
And of environmental damage her you can't accuse.
The blooming flowers and roses scenting sweet
In her front garden off of the busy street
And suburban woman hums a catchy tune
On a balmy October sunday afternoon.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Suburban Woman by Francis Duggan )
- Promises, Madrason writer
- A Daily Paradox; A Lost Masterpiece, Patrick van der Loos
- A Dewy Pearl, Elia Michael
- Creative Animals, vaibhav bhardwaj
- That Beauty, Mpho Tsakata
- Oziyon Le Dawn living in the sun, Oziyon LeDawn
- Mind Over Matter, Patrick van der Loos
- you're my hard liquor, but soft, Mandolyn ...
- Tears of Heart, Rohit Sapra
- The Value Has To Be, Rohit Sapra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns