Sunrise To Sunset
From sunrise to sunset.
Father lord, mother earth.
Though my own hands will choices be set.
Shivering, shivering, shivering!
On this cold morning.
My doggy is shivering! Send him a sweater. Please!
Give me some hot cinnamon oatmeal.
I need to warm my bones fast.
Half of the morning past,
Warm temperatures at last.
The time has come.
Open doors and windows fast!
Ah! Warm at last.
I found a pickle from yesterday,
I munched on a salad of lettuce, onion and tomato,
Green tea too.
Time to write some poetry,
What should I write about today?
'I'm all "rumbly in my tumbly'
What should I eat?
Yummy, baked ziti and summer veggies.
Day gives up the light,
Close the windows and doors fast!
Sun says sleep tight,
So sad, chilly cold night has come again.
Get under the blankets fast.
Ronald Chapman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sunrise To Sunset by Ronald Chapman )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Avoid The Android, Erhard Hans Josef Lang
- So To Differentiate (False Humility), Dexsta Ray
- Sincere Effort, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- LA PREMIÈRE FOIS, Rosie Bourget
- Drunk, Abby Sze
- So is Love, Jayatissa Liyanage
- A World Without Colour, Alex Lear
- À TOI, Rosie Bourget
- Psalm 077, Forrest Hainline
- Every day feels scripted, Mark Heathcote