'Don't Do Anything Stupid' She Said About This August Unrest As I Was Preparing For Sleep.
'Anything Stupid? ' I Inquired
'I Don't Know Just Be Aware'
'It Seems Like You Have A Great Sense' I Referred To Her Gut Knowing My Wrongs. As If Her Instinct Indicated To My Transgression, Like She Could Feel It When She Held Me.
Maybe Not All Of My Energy Was There
She Tried To Play It Off, Wanting To Delay or Postpone To a Later Date.
But This Was So Important, I Told Her Not Opening Up Would Hinder Our Progress.
'I'm Not Sleeping Until This Is Done.' I Wanted To Bring Peace To My Heart
Zolani Nkomo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Sunshine Happiness by Zolani Nkomo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sir Walter Scott
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- The law of these times, Ravikumar C.P.
- So Many Minds Are Left Fractured, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Mystic Blake, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Today's World, Leong Ming Loong
- Thoughts in the Moonlight, Luo Zhihai
- Tales Of A Wife: Honeymoon, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.