Surrender To God’s Control
I have no control of my life; my days are filled with undue strife,
Says that one living on his own, attempting to live his life alone,
Without an influence of the Lord, as God’s Word is just ignored,
Living life on shifting sands, avoiding Truth that he understands.
When a life is saved from sin, that life then truly belongs to Him,
Jesus Christ, Lord and Savior, who, should impact our behavior,
To live life as a new creation, through the power of our Salvation,
That Gospel Power, truly saves, and alters the way man behaves.
God is the One, to who we give, our very life, so that we can live,
Our life, moving us away from sin, to live our life pleasing to Him.
It’s The Lord we must give control, of all our life, not just our soul,
As the world isn’t a friendly place, and we need His guiding Grace.
When we give God complete control, we lose in life, nothing at all,
But, gain from God a multitude, of benefits, with the right attitude,
With complete surrender friend, a path is brighter around the bend,
Filled with joy, peace and happiness, walking in His righteousness.
God turns our despair into Hope, when through God we now cope,
With all our concerns in this life, through The Spirit of Jesus Christ,
Filling us with a new found peace, that in dark times will not cease,
As a stable life The Lord renders, when the soul to God surrenders.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Surrender To God’s Control by Bob Gotti )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)