The sweet burden is immense,
For frowning clarity erupts from here,
So that this telling is stated with tongues
Of humankind, fruitful with fists blindly following.
The sweetness of this day exactly matches
The sweetness of a night in slaughter.
Dealing with the running men
Feels for itself, living a lie with most who cost.
Then frown more that the days run past,
Summoning a gold-plated eagle
Unearthing a ready relic of blueness.
The blue ones shine, like jewels of the night,
Black nourishes us with its taint.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Burden by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Roaring ready to go…, Mark Heathcote
- why does this have to happen, Happy Hippie Girl
- Sadness Of Living, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Blackened Bronze, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Child of the South, Leah Ayliffe
- Progressive Yearnings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- She Knows, Louis Borgo
- ZZ Was Hitler A Vegetarian, Saiom Shriver
- Palestinian DNA, Saiom Shriver
- Challengers for July's Contest - You Can.., Brian Johnston