Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Swimming for a healthy body
For a healthy mind
For a relaxation from problems
Swimming a beautiful experience.
To swim in the river
In the lake
Through the heavy flows
Skills to be learnt with care.
Swimming in the flood
That becomes more dangerous
In a river, overflowing water
Flood is having undercurrents.
To swim like a fish
Like a tortoise
More I liked in my childhood
But never could I achieve.
I have seen people drowned
Their corpse and the sad event
The family's hardships
Water where one must be careful.
An old man in my childhood
I have seen him swimming
In heavy flood and deep currents
Tied up empty coconuts his tool.
He was a strange and wonderful man
Having such an ability to swim
Whatever the depth and width of river
But he missed for ever
That too in such an accident he drowned.
Gangadharan nair Pulingat..'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (swimming by Gangadharan nair Pulingat.. )
Did you read them?
- Thando unjani, senzokhaya umhayi
- Sweet And Lovely Words, Edward Kofi Louis
- Engimthadayo, senzokhaya umhayi
- Underground Poet, senzokhaya umhayi
- Le Mfihlo yethu, senzokhaya umhayi
- chat up, lee fones
- Imizwa kaMakhwapheni, senzokhaya umhayi
- Ngivumele ngihambe, senzokhaya umhayi
- Into The Pocket, Edward Kofi Louis
- Umhayele Izinkondlo ezimnandi, senzokhaya umhayi