Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Safety of the dear ones
A concern to the parent all times
Safety measures as they teaches
when the children grows with.
Father decided to teach the son
To swim in waters of ponds and river
But failed in its own terms and attempts
He was not brave enough to let his son.
Both father and son went to the lake
where enough steps and water available
But still they failed to attain their goal
The reason is the same as before
The father lost the confidence to free him.
Father was decisive to teach the son
But not to swim in waters but in the world
Enough tools he gave to him through books
More of it included poetry of morals
Here father won his attempts
The son taught to write poetry and recite it.
Swimming have different meaning in different time
Life itself is felt as a large river stream
To learn swimming in such waters of deepness
Try and teach the younger ones with motivation.
Topic of this poem: friendship
Gangadharan nair Pulingat..'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Swim. by Gangadharan nair Pulingat.. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- ETC2, shuvo chakraborty
- A falling leaf, Manthra Hariharan
- Christmas Invite, Francisco R. Albano
- My Lord, abdulrazak aralimatti
- Jaundice jaundice, gajanan mishra
- Home coming, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.