The crowd outside were wailing and crying.
for the daughter of Jairus lay dying
Then some people came saying she was dead
and poor Jairus felt such sorrow and dread.
“Don’t be afraid she’ll be healed, ” Jesus said
as to the house of Jairus He was led.
To all the people left mourning outside
“She is not dead but asleep, ” Jesus replied.
They just laughed at Him in their unbelief
displaying all their sorrow and their grief.
Touching her hand as she lay on the bed
“Talitha cumi, ” The Lord Jesus said.
And as they gazed upon the young girls face
a resurrection miracle took place.
The life giving Spirit quickened her soul
and she stood before them alive and whole.
Those present were astonished and amazed
for Jairus’s daughter from death had been raised.
But The Lord Jesus told them not to tell
how she had been saved from death and made well.
*“Talitha cumi, ” means “Little girl, get up! ”
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (“Talitha Cumi”* by Royston Allen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz