ivor or ivor.e hogg
Tastefully turned out
I glitter at my husband’s side.
His clothes are chosen carefully
to be a perfect foil for me.
To display all my finery.
My husband show his quiet pride
his delight in escorting me.
To let the other people see
that we are dressed impeccably.
We make it obvious that we have tried
despite our age to show that we.
Still retain the expectancy
we’ll be treated respectfully.
It’s up to us and we decide
A discreet choice of jewellery
will show our credibility
When we are dining publicly
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Tastefully turned out by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- This ugly image هذه الصورة القبيحة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Evil Intent, Abdul Malik Mandani
- This ugly image, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sweet Ilussions, Sandra Feldman
- Weighting Each Thought, Heather Burns
- Their moral decline anytime انحدارهم ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A surrealistic image صورة سوريالية, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In 80s, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Walk in the Woods, Abdul Malik Mandani
- Natural Alliance, Abdul Malik Mandani
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Solution, Bertolt Brecht
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lament for Ignacio Sánchez Mejías, Federico García Lorca
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 February 1898 – 14 August 1956)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns