At day you are so still,
With no life,
but at night,
Do you come alive?
And chat to all the other teddies?
Do you all watch me as i sleep,
To see no harm comes to me,
Do you have parties while i sleep?
In a deep deep sleep,
Party till i stir.
Do you have life,
When no-one is watching?
On my shelf,
You look after my crystal,
and photo's and other teddies in my room.
You have the best view,
up there on my shelf,
Looking down on everything,
Wrote this about my teddies sitting on top of my wardrobe.
StaceyLeigh Olner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Teddy by StaceyLeigh Olner )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Monkeys in City, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Emptiness, Marilyn Jean
- Embellishing the Pale Blue Sky, James Darwin Smith II
- Thoughts, Ronald Chapman
- A Moment in Time, Tango Tango
- My Words, Ronald Chapman
- Dreamt Of You 6, Michael P. McParland
- To Answer Your Question, Serena Blackinton
- ' H E I S...', sunshine garcia
- Love Note 11, Michael P. McParland