okot innocent angeeyo
The feeling has no name
And yet saying, thank you,
Express a bit of it.
I am, and will forever be grateful
Yet all I can say is,
Noble was the deed, and relieved was me,
It’s just a deed in my struggle, just a hand,
But without it, other hands would mean
Madam! Yes I call you.
Whatever made you do it,
I may not know, but can guess.
And is what I would teach myself every other day,
That I shall have a chance of living.
Yes I will try everyday.
You have directed me to future’s home,
Yes, I will go
And here I say,
When am there, you will be grateful,
Am talking too much, I know.
But saying thank you would and will never repay your deed.
All I can say, humanly is
Thank you again,
God will guide your steps.
I know it’s late, but now is the best time.
OKOT INNOCENT ANGEEYO
okot innocent angeeyo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You by okot innocent angeeyo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Emmanuel George Cefai
(12th March 1955)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Russell Edson
(22 March 1941 -)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Taking Off Emily Dickinson's Clothes, Billy Collins
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- shape shift this, my fearless phantom, Mandolyn ...
- Dear Dad ..... [a PARODY; HUMOR; SHORT; .., Bri Edwards
- Just Sex..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Woman And Time..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Firmament, Margaret Ann Newcomb
- Petits morceaux, Lubinda Lubinda
- For Edgar Allan Poe With All Gratitude..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- It Takes Tears to..., Rodney R. Cooper
- It Takes Tears, Rodney R. Cooper