okot innocent angeeyo
The feeling has no name
And yet saying, thank you,
Express a bit of it.
I am, and will forever be grateful
Yet all I can say is,
Noble was the deed, and relieved was me,
It’s just a deed in my struggle, just a hand,
But without it, other hands would mean
Madam! Yes I call you.
Whatever made you do it,
I may not know, but can guess.
And is what I would teach myself every other day,
That I shall have a chance of living.
Yes I will try everyday.
You have directed me to future’s home,
Yes, I will go
And here I say,
When am there, you will be grateful,
Am talking too much, I know.
But saying thank you would and will never repay your deed.
All I can say, humanly is
Thank you again,
God will guide your steps.
I know it’s late, but now is the best time.
OKOT INNOCENT ANGEEYO
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You by okot innocent angeeyo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- When she could ask for sky, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Silent Water Runs Deep, Jon M. Nelson
- Extinction, Jon M. Nelson
- My Tourniquet, Kyle Schlicher
- Roses In My Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Life Is, Jon M. Nelson
- Short Ode to Screwball Women, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Lemons, Jon M. Nelson
- Paradise Found, Damian Murphy
- Seventh Sunday, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon