thank you for my freedom
November 11th is Veteran’s Day
Where we will bow our heads and pray.
You have been in the big battle,
Where the guns shoot and rattle.
In the dark, dull night,
You grab your artillery and fight.
You are a patriotic man,
Giving America a helping hand.
As I lay in bed and gaze,
I’ll talk to GOD and give you praise.
In my mind you are fighting our enemy,
For the sake of keeping the USA joyous and free.
You are crotched behind a crumbling wall,
Keeping our country strong and tall.
Over in America we are doing just fine,
Hoping you will soon be home from the battle line.
Our flag is still standing and dancing,
While our veteran’s are prancing.
You are as strong and tough as a nail,
Always watching your back from another gun shell.
Thank you all for helping me,
But mostly for keeping America free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (thank you for my freedom by sam murphy )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave