thank you for my freedom
November 11th is Veteran’s Day
Where we will bow our heads and pray.
You have been in the big battle,
Where the guns shoot and rattle.
In the dark, dull night,
You grab your artillery and fight.
You are a patriotic man,
Giving America a helping hand.
As I lay in bed and gaze,
I’ll talk to GOD and give you praise.
In my mind you are fighting our enemy,
For the sake of keeping the USA joyous and free.
You are crotched behind a crumbling wall,
Keeping our country strong and tall.
Over in America we are doing just fine,
Hoping you will soon be home from the battle line.
Our flag is still standing and dancing,
While our veteran’s are prancing.
You are as strong and tough as a nail,
Always watching your back from another gun shell.
Thank you all for helping me,
But mostly for keeping America free.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (thank you for my freedom by sam murphy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Being lonely, Nitin Mukesh
- Kalighat In Calcutta, Karen Swenson
- I Want To Cry, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- My Heart seems to be A Stepping Stone, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- The Tears In Your Eyes, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Inside My Heart is Dying, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Raksha Bandhan, Aryaman Kakkar
- Poetry is My Diamond Bag, Aftab Alam
- My Heart Was True... Why Not You, LAURA EGGEBRECHT
- Why Wouldn't Amina Jilani Write8, Afzal Ahmed Syed