Thank You Pete
Pete Seger died yesterday. He was 94 years old
He’s famous for his songs and the stories that they told.
He was a folk singer and activist whose passion never ceased
As he wrote and sang songs about love...nonviolence...and peace.
If I Had a Hammer, and Where Have All the Flowers Gone he would croon
And as a young man growing up in the 70’s I liked the message in his tunes.
His death yesterday came in a world still filled with war and violence and hate
Not the world, I’m sure, he was hoping to create.
It seems there are many people out there who still need to fight, abhor and kill
Perhaps they did not hear his message...perhaps they never will.
But I believe as Pete did, that there are many, many more
Who strive each day to make this world a little better than the day before.
Who instead of making enemies believe in making friends
Who believe that love and kindness will win out in the end.
So thank you Pete for the words and music you so masterfully combined
And may the whole world practice living the legacy you left behind.
Jim Yerman's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Thank You Pete by Jim Yerman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ye Mere Nayan............., sonali kumari
- Ek Eahsaas Khushi…………………, sonali kumari
- Fin!, Jim Yerman
- ANOTHER CHANCE, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Black And Blue, Electric Lady
- TAX PAYER, alexander opicho
- Poem: Power Thoughts, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- Do You Really Want To Live In The Past?, Ronald Chapman
- Sundar Sa Ehsas................, sonali kumari
- Kabhi Aisa Bhi Hota Hai..............., sonali kumari