Did you know that every time you called me ugly I believed it?
Did you know that I gave up a long time ago?
Did you know that I want to be that girl?
I want to be that girl with long hair, and gorgeous eyes
I want to be that girl who gets the guy
I want to be that girl who always looks beautiful
But instead I look like every other girl that you have ever ignored
I have never bothered to look nice because no one ever notices
I never opened because that would mean caring
So what happens to a dream deferred?
I'm not entirely sure
But my dream of not being alone
Of being that girl
Well that dream, is eating me alive
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Girl by Kacie Sherman )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Was Lawrence A Sadhu? The Sadhu of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A sad sot..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bereaved, Susmit Panda
- True love, Einar Johan Wetaas
- Incredible Semi-final of 2014 FIFA World.., rajendran muthiah
- Roller Coaster, Jeffrey Lee
- A Late Night Dream, Jeffrey Lee
- Leaving The Campus, Think of I Taking To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Suicide Note, Kathy Liu