Did you know that every time you called me ugly I believed it?
Did you know that I gave up a long time ago?
Did you know that I want to be that girl?
I want to be that girl with long hair, and gorgeous eyes
I want to be that girl who gets the guy
I want to be that girl who always looks beautiful
But instead I look like every other girl that you have ever ignored
I have never bothered to look nice because no one ever notices
I never opened because that would mean caring
So what happens to a dream deferred?
I'm not entirely sure
But my dream of not being alone
Of being that girl
Well that dream, is eating me alive
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Girl by Kacie Sherman )
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns