I wanna be that girl who he can turn to when he's had enough.
I wanna be the girl who he can love.
I wanna be that girl who he knows will always be there for him.
i wanna be that girl he can let in.
I wanna be that girl that he can trust.
I wanna be that girl he can talk to about all kinds of stuff.
I wanna be the girl he runs to when he is sad.
I wanna be that girl who he talks about to his dad.
I wanna be that girl who calls me his world
But I was once this girl
Who was in love with the guy up above
He was my everything and then I broke the trust
I was cheating, leaving him to go get high
I was drinking and I wasn't thinking
I didn't even see it coming when he told me good bye.
I loved him very much and I still do
I miss his touch and 'I love you's'
I found out there is a price to pay and I pay it everyday
Today we would probably still be together
But I had to be stupid and now he's gone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (That Girl by Kylie Archer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(1644 - 1694)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- 'Hope' is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- EMOTIONS, Eugene Latumbo
- LOVE, Eugene Latumbo
- Duty of a good friend, gajanan mishra
- Friendship, Eugene Latumbo
- Inspiration, Michael P. McParland
- Intesely Tired, Michael P. McParland
- Jakhm dilon kaa jab bhi dhoun,, Aftab Alam
- achchhe din aa gaye, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH
- Into The Valley, Michael P. McParland
- It's All For You, Michael P. McParland