That Loved flower
Blossomed just now, to her content,
Aromatizing the atmosphere, with her fragrance.
Entices all and sundry, even the conceiver,
Whoever sees her, describes a perfect creation.
Smiles she effortlessly, that showers pearls,
For a flick of smile, bees of all hues gather.
Come bees from every nook and corner,
Roam around her in search of nectar.
Come some with pearls of pen,
Cherish some dream to kiss her without any end,
Desire some to hug her never to release,
Pray some to pass their life sitting by the nymph.
Some only pass amusing judgments,
Recite some, romantic couplets.
Shy some to even sip her fragrance,
Quarrel to pluck, among themselves.
Everyone, dreams her presence,
To smile on one’s personal flower vase
And to sip the enticing fragrance,
In solitude, in the world’s absence.
But she herself knows well,
Whom she loves, for whom smells.
Other bark only like stray dogs,
At the back of elephant’s trots.
Trots fearlessly she, cocking her fans,
Only poking nose, nothing happens.
Sudam Panigrahi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That Loved flower by Sudam Panigrahi )
- Haiku- Anchor, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Luna Plena, Mihaela Pirjol
- I Sink Inside You, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Buddy, Francie Lynch
- Love (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- some thing about you, akash mazumdar
- Shanghai breeze (I), Cigeng Zhang
- thinkings, akash mazumdar
- Momentous Days, Francie Lynch
- Haiku- Riddle, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)