That's how they loved
He grunted, reprimanded and shouted.
She took it all in stride..
in the midst of all that anger, anguish, struggle,
there was an acceptance..
true love blossomed.
In their hearts they smiled even when they fought with each other..
In their eyes was exchange of respect even when they were reasoning..
they stood for causes and dreams alike..
she kept his dignity an he kept hers..
when she finally decided to leave..
He followed just a couple of years after..
he took the same path, (cancer, as it was)
so He could meet her..
to laugh about all that petty nagging they did,
to be proud of lessons they preached,
to be sad about how they failed together..
That's how my grandparents, they loved!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (That's how they loved by Shubham Praveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- After All, Ryan Scales
- Poet Freak Tide Wave Words, Terence G. Craddock
- A PRETTY MARRIAGE OF OUR TIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland I.., Ryan Scales
- A Horrible Howl In A Winter Wonderland, Ryan Scales
- 21 Shades Of Blue Intertext Part 1: The .., Ryan Scales
- Poet Bound Sentenced Ancient Mariner Tides, Terence G. Craddock
- THE FACE OF THE BLOODY MASSACRES, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Cat Faces, Ryan Scales
- Far, Brandt Nightingale