Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov
At midnight an angel was crossing the sky,
And quietly he sang;
The moon and the stars and the concourse of clouds
Paid heed to his heavenly song.
He sang of the bliss of the innocent souls
In heavenly gardens above;
Of almighty God he sang out, and his praise
Was pure and sincere.
He bore in his arms a young soul
To our valley of sorrow and tears;
The young soul remembered the heavenly song
So vivid and yet without words.
And long did it struggle on earth,
With wondrous desire imbued;
But none of the tedious songs of our earth
Could rival celestial song.
Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Angel by Mikhail Yuryevich Lermontov )
- Shattered and alone, Nicole GravellPellerino
- But the Leaves Of Grass, Neela Nath
- It is impossible, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What The Culture Drug In - Da Dammerrung.., Warren Falcon
- my thumbs were once pro twiddlers, Mandolyn ...
- Await for your return, Fluorescent Reality
- Serenade To Love, David Harris
- MONSTER FORCE WARS, shannon strauss
- i write because i'm not very good at darts, Mandolyn ...
- Light, Neela Nath