The Barrel Race
Unloading from the trailer,
you wonder how the day will end.
Will you bring money? Will you place? Will You even participate?
You WILL ride, your horse is ready and confident, your name is called to the allyway, the horse takes off!
No time to be nervous, the first barrel arrived
The horse blasts off toward the second barrel
The top third barrel is getting closer with every stride and before you know it
Now you're heading home looking up at your time!
You pass the lazer......15 seconds taking home the prize.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Barrel Race by Horse Lover )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Praise of Winter, Ronald Wallace
- Traveling, Ronald Wallace
- Snow Joke, Ronald Wallace
- The Humor of the Universe, Ronald Wallace
- Literature in the 21st Century [excerpt], Ronald Wallace
- Sustenance, Ronald Wallace
- Carcass is Served - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- I Knew Better, Agar Hernandez
- In queue, SALINI NAIR
- Autism gets in the way, Katinka Havermans