God saw that you were suffering,
And there was no cure to be.
So He took you in His caring hands,
And whispered 'Come to me.'
With tearful eyes I watched you,
And I saw you pass away.
But although I love you dearly,
I could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating,
Hard working hands at rest.
God broke my heart to prove to me,
He only takes the best.
victoria driver's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Best by victoria driver )
- Arf, Peter Jay Shippy
- Messenger has no identity, gajanan mishra
- Refugees, Greg Davidson
- Ou es-tu, mon amour, Peter Jay Shippy
- Anthology, Peter Jay Shippy
- THE BESTOWING BOY, Aravind Bhargava
- BE LIKE CHEETAH, Aravind Bhargava
- Hell bent, hasmukh amathalal
- Beautiful stranger, Ahmed Tawfik
- Lynda Bellingham worthily and fondly rem.., Stanley Collymore
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)