The Big Tree
She is growing up
Like a new organ
She feeds on my veins
And my dreams.
The more I think,
The more I dream,
The more she grows up.
And becomes bigger.
like giant Sitka Spruce tree.
It is but a red rose
That needs a humid corner,
And some sunlight to
I looked inside myself,
She is a giant tree
With white orange and black roses
Red leaves and golden fruits
Exactly what a child is dream to see
Leaving it, will not harm me
Is like extracting my veins,
And my dreams all at once.
Atef Ayadi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Big Tree by Atef Ayadi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tragedy And Terror, Ronell Warren Alman
- You Can Be A Success, Ronell Warren Alman
- ONLY YOURS...., DRASHI SHAH
- Have The Drive And Desire, Ronell Warren Alman
- The House of Musing, Emily Warn
- The Lovesong of Emmett Till (1996), Anthony Walton
- I, Aparna Chatterjee
- I know somewhere, gajanan mishra
- I m a GIRL! ! ! ! !, KAUSHAL SABOO
- My PEACE, Kes McKenzie