The Bloke From Tarwin Lower
He's been all around Australia the bloke from Tarwin Lower
From South Gippsland in Victoria to Australia's northern shore
New South Wales, Queensland and the Territory through central and Western Australia on down to Adelaide
If he received a dollar for every mile he's travelled a million he'd have made.
The bloke from Tarwin Lower is only twenty three
And without a wife or children of any cares he's free
And he says the lust for wander is very strong in me
And soon I'll leave Australia there are other Lands to see.
His prime years fast approaching and time is on his side
And since he left Tarwin at seventeen he has travelled far and wide
And he has worked in all of Australia's big towns and cities, laid pipes and dug out drains
And worked on city building sites and operated cranes.
One who has known the pleasures of women wine and song
In the young bloke from Tarwin Lower the wanderlust is strong
He has been all around Australia and now there's other Lands to see
For there's years of great adventure left in one of twenty three
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Bloke From Tarwin Lower by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Stronghold: Macchu Picchu, Brandt Nightingale
- Friends, sasha yarlexolnikov