The burden that we all carry
The burden that weighs us down
The burden that we all must face
The burden that I must face alone
But must I truly face it alone?
If there are so many people I know,
Surely one must be willing to help?
We walk a path of solitude when we face this burden
We all do, not to a fault of our own,
But the burden, this weight, decides our fate,
We all must stand strong and endure,
For this burden will pass when we decide it to be
But must I truly be alone for it?
I'll need to figure it out but for now, I will stand by myself,
Facing this burden with no one to turn to but me,
Isn't this what I wanted, to prove my strength?
I don't know but this burden must go,
And if I shall follow it out, that is my path and I accept it,
For now and forever, my burden is you...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Burden by Nicholas Acosta )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart