The Canadian Problem... Nov 24th,2013
We see the Canadian problem in a huge big red room,
Full of hand-picked seated appointed aristocrats at noon,
That we can’t change or rearrange because we’re not allowed,
They each have the title of senator so keep your head bowed.
The place cannot be shut down because of the Constitution,
We need a politician who can do it and not cause confusion,
But we are not allowed binding referendums like the Swiss,
And even now, we’re not too sure if senators can be dismissed.
Why are proportional representation and referendums banned?
Then add death-with-dignity and compulsory voting that we should demand,
Democratic elections should be held on June first every fourth year,
Our establishment of course will look at this as very austere.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Canadian Problem... Nov 24th,2013 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Make Excuses, Ronell Warren Alman
- Keeping You Alive, Natalie Evans
- The Men of War, Maverick Jones
- On Writing, Michelle Claus
- i want love to be startled, Mandolyn Davidson
- Sorrow's Free Will, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Eris, Goddess of Strife, Elia Michael
- Lord or latrine, gajanan mishra
- With fires in heaven, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- I met a man with orange hair, Richard Lee