The Christian Poet
Christian themes, dreams, visions, inspirations.
History brings remembrance how God inspired others,
How Jesus touched their hearts, minds and lives,
How the Holy Spirit has indwelt them and blessed them.
Through such as these, we may find refined gold,
Or merely a few worldly nuggets of wisdom...
Wise words may not always be nice, neat and tidy,
Yet sometimes, in Christian poetry, there's that true desire
To rise above the common man, the uncommon poet,
The mere Christian outgoing experience of helping others.
Sometimes, we see the need to be born again, refreshed
And properly blessed, enough to focus on the Father,
Journey with Jesus, scintillate with the Holy Spirit,
Still granting insights old and new, to me, to you...
So continue to commune with God, as a Christian poet,
Before you write, as you write and after you write...
Then you will stay all right, an inspiration to one and all...
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Christian Poet by Denis Martindale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- The Imponderable, Sandra Feldman
- Arousal Of Energy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak