The Conflict of Nature
The warmth of the sun on the cold mountain snow,
A conflict created through which new life will grow,
This is the way of this place we call earth,
Seasonal affects to give the world worth.
Through time eternal the balance has grown,
The cycle of nature is all we have known.
Now the vanity of man claims we can do better,
Cut down the forests, make the desert wetter.
That life giving balance that had worked for so long,
The arrogance of man will make it all wrong.
We threw off the balance that existed in nature,
By denying the knowledge we are earth’s creature.
Terry Wiens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Conflict of Nature by Terry Wiens )
- Blind, Blind, Naveed Khalid
- A ripple's life, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- What is this world of ours ماهذا العالم .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sinners الاثمون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Touch-me-not, Naveed Khalid
- The Sword and the Plowshare, John F. McCullagh
- On the road a Recovery Poem, jeff newnham
- Sinners, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- An Image Of An Old House, Yohan Confectioner
- Autumn Equinox, Jacqueline Nash
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(3 March 1878 - 9 April 1917)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)