The Conflict of Nature
The warmth of the sun on the cold mountain snow,
A conflict created through which new life will grow,
This is the way of this place we call earth,
Seasonal affects to give the world worth.
Through time eternal the balance has grown,
The cycle of nature is all we have known.
Now the vanity of man claims we can do better,
Cut down the forests, make the desert wetter.
That life giving balance that had worked for so long,
The arrogance of man will make it all wrong.
We threw off the balance that existed in nature,
By denying the knowledge we are earth’s creature.
Terry Wiens's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Conflict of Nature by Terry Wiens )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Jabberwocky, Lewis Carroll
- Dover Beach, Matthew Arnold
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Old Age, Leong Ming Loong
- Waiting for the Starlight Express, Stephen Brian Brady
- The Fifth Day of Christmas, Mark Hamilton
- No man's land., RAJ VIKRAM
- Kissing, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard