The Course Of Time
I was then in a course of time that ran afloat,
The coronation of the emperor was upon my own thoughts;
Seldom do wishes of difficulty concern duty
And the virtues of a corrupt people.
The indiscriminate private buildings contributed
To the general style of a corner of a little town.
I was saving my strokes, basing my burden
On the wayfarers of this world who connected with
The emperor in his gown at night and day.
Less perfect institutions had regularity,
The empire was afoot, the empire regained health.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Course Of Time by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- People of the Book, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Soul In Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Public Limited Company Safety Catch, Terence G. Craddock
- Cry Tears (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- I am married to the Muses, Hebert Logerie
- Limited Suffix Finances Warms Limited Li.., Terence G. Craddock
- Counting Sheep, Ronald Chapman
- Unprepared To Sit And Listen, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Athens Shall Burn For the 3rd Time, Joseph DeMarco
- Color Of Easter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak