The Course Of Time
I was then in a course of time that ran afloat,
The coronation of the emperor was upon my own thoughts;
Seldom do wishes of difficulty concern duty
And the virtues of a corrupt people.
The indiscriminate private buildings contributed
To the general style of a corner of a little town.
I was saving my strokes, basing my burden
On the wayfarers of this world who connected with
The emperor in his gown at night and day.
Less perfect institutions had regularity,
The empire was afoot, the empire regained health.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Course Of Time by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Survivor's Guilt, Roy Blokker
- Right or wrong!, Mark Heathcote
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman