The Curse Of Adulthood
I remember clearly when I was young.
Where my mind, feelings, were virgins
Never stained with nothing.
I remember when I ran with, laughed with,
Conversed with, played with, kid girls.
It was all innocent, raw, pure and free.
As a kid we were simple.
As my stay on earth began to prolong,
Through teens and now a young adult,
I realised a change in my nature.
First simple now complex, first innocent
Now guilty, first free now captured.
I have seen the curse of adulthood.
Desire, passion, lust
Burn like bornfire in my heart.
They toture me day and night.
I burn, in my heart, with something
I everyday quench! What a hell!
Can you imagine this?
Passion or lust, dont know which one,
Want me to take in a 12 old girl,
Which I can't!
Not only her but other teens!
Oh God fortify me!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Curse Of Adulthood by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Guru Purnima, Hardik Vaidya
- Lanes, john tiong chunghoo
- T'U KTHEVA, O DET …, skender iljaz braka
- Trishtim i bukurisë, skender iljaz braka
- Tingujt e harruar.., skender iljaz braka
- Prime Truth - 22, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prej luftës jam kthyer.., skender iljaz braka
- dhe une vdes per ty, skender iljaz braka
- The Picture Again..., John Ugolo Umah
- If It Weren't For …… [HUMAN PROCREATIO.., Bri Edwards