The Curse Of Adulthood
I remember clearly when I was young.
Where my mind, feelings, were virgins
Never stained with nothing.
I remember when I ran with, laughed with,
Conversed with, played with, kid girls.
It was all innocent, raw, pure and free.
As a kid we were simple.
As my stay on earth began to prolong,
Through teens and now a young adult,
I realised a change in my nature.
First simple now complex, first innocent
Now guilty, first free now captured.
I have seen the curse of adulthood.
Desire, passion, lust
Burn like bornfire in my heart.
They toture me day and night.
I burn, in my heart, with something
I everyday quench! What a hell!
Can you imagine this?
Passion or lust, dont know which one,
Want me to take in a 12 old girl,
Which I can't!
Not only her but other teens!
Oh God fortify me!
Kelvin TakyiBobi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Curse Of Adulthood by Kelvin TakyiBobi )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid