The Dark Hare
What was it the dark hare heard?
Owl-screech, mouse-patter rain-drip
What was it the dark hare saw?
Grass-gleam, oak-apple, cowslip
What was it the dark hare tasted?
Flower-nibble moon-drop barkchip
What was it the dark hare touched?
Moss-mound, stone-round, branch-whip
Where did the dark hare go?
Only the moon knows that,
And she's not telling
What was it the dark hare felt?
Heart-thud, with terror swelling
sheena blackhall's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dark Hare by sheena blackhall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote
- Love In A Bottle, Midnights Voice
- Oh Mediterranean sea, fgbkehdguwheqi rewfgwej
- Ramblings of Devils Workshop, Nalini Chaturvedi
- BEFORE YOU CAST THE STONE, kevinsky nyaga
- Remembering you Bother, NEDRA WILSON
- Noemia de Sousa (The Poem of Joao), African Poems
- Hard Times for Horses, Janet Armstrong
- Pappou Elias' Poem, Elia Michael