The Day I Long For
The day I see the way,
To the light, which is so bright.
To see the ray of white light,
Shinning on me, a smile,
A tear of joy,
And my love on the other side of the way,
With the same feeling of love, safeness, and joy.
The day is mine,
His and my wedding day.
Butterfly’s in our stomachs,
Smiles on plastered faces,
Were happy, and cant see anyone else but each other.
And loving it.
The day is our wedding day.
The day I long for.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Day I Long For by Kara Bertsch )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(22 March 1941 -)
- Michael P. McParland
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Death death death, gajanan mishra
- Season Of Great Joy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- He Is a Virgin, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Days, Michael P. McParland
- She Found Home, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Early Learning, Denis Martindale
- Dancing The Night Away, Michael P. McParland
- Young Voices, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Why Wrtite About Love, Cheryl Joy Amarga
- Damn The Man, Michael P. McParland