The Day the World Ended
If you are reading this it's already too late
For we all have met our fate
A fine maiden she is
We lurk unaware of her dispositions
Crafting away our own ambitions
Something feverish this way comes
A pound, a batter, a chime, some thumps
A knock, a ring, a yell, a scream
Who is it? Who is this?
Leave me now, for I've yet to finish
But when fate arrives she comes for lives
Beast of Hades leave me be
My mind tells me to flee the scene
My heart assaults my chest like hammer
Slowly now a fate soon answers
Thud…. Thud….. Thud ….
A soft drum beat or is that my heart.
Just as my mind and soul do part
Just as my spirit and intellect unravel
My essence leaves body, ready for travel…
Thud… Thud… Thud…
I hold back.
Through the splitting of mind a soul
I find real ambitions, an aim, a goal.
"I am not ready for there is much to see."
Fate does listen, but does not agree.
"Please, " I beg, "give me chance."
This is the last moment to make my stance
"Us humans are designed to make mistakes"
"We lust, we greed, we steal, we take"
"But with all wrong doings aside"
"We care, we love, and even take pride"
Thud… Thud… Thud…
She doesn't hold back to give her answer
It pierces through me like a sinful dagger
All you've done is what you are
I try to comprehend nevermore
Just when the "Thud" was no more.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Day the World Ended by MichaelFrancis Heineman )
- I am gajananmishra, gajanan mishra
- Winter, Neela Nath
- How wonder, gajanan mishra
- Fortunate enough, hasmukh amathalal
- To Bob Whelan on Discussing Pablo Neruda, Bill Grace
- Intense drive, hasmukh amathalal
- My totality, gajanan mishra
- The Other Side Of The Story, mary douglas
- Journey end, hasmukh amathalal
- Phantasies Only Relief, Numbing (me), Lonely Voyager
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)