I have been back and forth
in my mind
trying to find our time
The time we once were
couldn't get no better
just being who we were
Thinking back did we...?
could that have been?
or was it just another back than?
Time passing bye
like a cloud in the sky
I'm stuck wandering why
Us, we, no goodbye!
Was it real at all
did we take this fall
us in love, hell naw
The truth of the matter
we climbed that ladder
reached that almost top
Damn we flopped
What a Distance!
Mia Satterthwaite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Distance by Mia Satterthwaite )
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla