You think you can outshine me; I sure as hell won’t give you that chance. You think I’ll let you out write me, let’s get this started and dance. I’ll bring you what I’ve got so be willing to raise the bar. I’m not a star yet, but I’m hoping I’m not too far.
This isn’t a threat it’s just a challenge you see? And I bet it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. Don’t question what I’ve got and tell me “it’s not enough”. You better put on that seatbelt because it’s about to get rough. If I can do anything right, it’s what I’m doing now. You better watch your back, cuz I’ll be great somehow.
Bring down the lights pump up your speakers. I’m ready to wreak this place. You can’t tell me I’m not good enough. Double check the look on my face. You’re not allowed to question who I am and what this is, you’re not allowed to tell me how I’m “supposed to live”. I refuse to let you pull me apart.
Don’t you see I’m who I want to be? Don’t you see I’m at least good enough for me? I’m not him, I can’t be… I’ve got my own way, my own themes, so don’t tell me “it’s not enough” otherwise you’ll start a war and it’s about to get rough.
Alyssa Lynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Duel by Alyssa Lynn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Moments When I Think I Still Love You, Katty Briones
- Paper Fan, Deborah DeNicola
- Librarians, Bijay Kant Dubey
- This Morning From the Porch, Deborah DeNicola
- Gauguin's Red, Deborah DeNicola
- Coffee After Dark, Michael Mira
- The Tree at Casa Cara, Deborah DeNicola
- Shattered Glass Windows, Michael Mira
- Lioness, Deborah DeNicola
- "...in his car seat", Jeff Gangwer