You think you can outshine me; I sure as hell won’t give you that chance. You think I’ll let you out write me, let’s get this started and dance. I’ll bring you what I’ve got so be willing to raise the bar. I’m not a star yet, but I’m hoping I’m not too far.
This isn’t a threat it’s just a challenge you see? And I bet it ain’t all it’s cracked up to be. Don’t question what I’ve got and tell me “it’s not enough”. You better put on that seatbelt because it’s about to get rough. If I can do anything right, it’s what I’m doing now. You better watch your back, cuz I’ll be great somehow.
Bring down the lights pump up your speakers. I’m ready to wreak this place. You can’t tell me I’m not good enough. Double check the look on my face. You’re not allowed to question who I am and what this is, you’re not allowed to tell me how I’m “supposed to live”. I refuse to let you pull me apart.
Don’t you see I’m who I want to be? Don’t you see I’m at least good enough for me? I’m not him, I can’t be… I’ve got my own way, my own themes, so don’t tell me “it’s not enough” otherwise you’ll start a war and it’s about to get rough.
Alyssa Lynn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Duel by Alyssa Lynn )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha