The Earth Is Connected
To any one Nation we do not belong
The Earth is one crust though most would say I'm wrong
The deepest of oceans to them have a floor
The Earth is connected on every shore.
Of your Nationality you well may brag
As at the football game you wave your National flag
But those you see as different to you live off of the same Land
All parts and Countries of Planet Earth to each other connected that's not hard to understand.
Human Races created Nations others to exclude
And if others uninvited past their borders intrude
Then they get quite upset and send them back to from where they came
The Land they lay claim to only their Land in name.
For Nations and borders battles fought lost and won
But the Earth is not divided the Earth it is one
The Earth is connected that makes sense to me
Though many of course would choose to disagree.
Francis Duggan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Earth Is Connected by Francis Duggan )
Did you read them?
- Shower, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Joy Fills the Night, Steven Federle
- Jelly, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Love Without Ownership (yeah right!), Monk E. Biz
- Fuzzy Fellow, Patrick Czyz
- Feel a human life!, Somanathan Iyer
- Last night, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Erotic Haiku, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal