An elephant is an unlikely creature
Who has a rather startling feature.
He has this elongated nose
Which can act just like a hose.
Sucks up water before you can say Jack
And blows it all over you or his back.
It sure would be nice to have one of those
And be able to pick up peanuts with your nose.
Another thing that he does with his beak
Is handling logs and piling teak.
He was used as a tank in times of war
They say old Hannibal had four score.
Now in a circus giving kids some kicks
By doing all kinds of elephant tricks.
Be kind to him as he’ll always remember
If you were good to him way last September.
With one big foot, any old time
He could smash you flatter than a dime.
So always be nice to pachyderms
Make that your motto
Otherwise, it’s SQUISH! , BLOTTO!
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Elephant by George Hunter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison
- You Will...! ! !, Asma Riaz Khan
- Anjani Si Shikayat, Yashvardhan Goel
- Police station, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- dard sehkar bhi, Yashvardhan Goel
- Three Coins For Her Love, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Unknown life's beauty, binod bastola
- A wilted story, Eleonora Bistrianu