An elephant is an unlikely creature
Who has a rather startling feature.
He has this elongated nose
Which can act just like a hose.
Sucks up water before you can say Jack
And blows it all over you or his back.
It sure would be nice to have one of those
And be able to pick up peanuts with your nose.
Another thing that he does with his beak
Is handling logs and piling teak.
He was used as a tank in times of war
They say old Hannibal had four score.
Now in a circus giving kids some kicks
By doing all kinds of elephant tricks.
Be kind to him as he’ll always remember
If you were good to him way last September.
With one big foot, any old time
He could smash you flatter than a dime.
So always be nice to pachyderms
Make that your motto
Otherwise, it’s SQUISH! , BLOTTO!
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Elephant by George Hunter )
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi