Had a golden retriever
Was always hard to deceive her.
She found out that dog
Spelled backward was god
And now she’s a true believer.
She has a pretty good brain
And wasn’t too hard to train
But when it comes to religion
She sure is a pigeon
And can’t come in outta the rain.
But she has a mind of her own
It’s a little like a stone
She says when I die I’m gonna fly
To that big dog kennel up in the sky.
And maybe they’ll give me a bone.
George Hunter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Dog by George Hunter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Friendship's Light, Pamela Kewin
- Windmill, lee fones
- A Rise of Fury, tolu ogundare
- I Feel Your Darkness, Lilly Emery
- Arabian sea., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Winter Walk..., Denis Martindale
- Year 3000 and Beyond (A Scientific Fores.., Jesus James Llorico
- When Dreams Come, Kyle Schlicher
- Horse of the Hot Bloods, tolu ogundare
- of my Pride, sEaN nOrTh