The Essence of a Woman
The world says
It is difficult
To understand a woman
Because she is so full of contradiction
The world says a woman is full of
Vanity, jealousy, greed and ego,
Her mind full of insatiable desires
for wealth, luxury and lavish lifestyles
The woman charms and makes you swoon;
she has the skills and tricks
to lure, seduce, attack and conquer
to make or break homes and nations.
But I believe that a woman
Is a reservoir of love,
Overflowing with compassion, caring and giving;
For my mother, sister, friend and wife
Are the women who have enriched my life!
With a heart full of sweetness,
A voice soothing and delicate
A woman makes our troubles melt
With just her full, genuine smile.
Giving till it hurts is what women do,
Only to [be] hurt and accused
Of ulterior motives and wrong intentions.
The Kindness and tender feelings
That only a woman can give
usually go unrecognized.
I wish the world were kinder
To the kindest souls of creation!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Essence of a Woman by Srinidhi Lakhanigam )
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster