Abraham John Jaggernauth
The Face of Betrayal
Cordial appearances seemed to stay, but lies and deceit make their way.
Fleet between the makers net, these fish swim away and stay in set.
As sneaky as they come, as sneaky as they go.
But don't be mistaken, everyone knows.
The foe of many faces, the face of many foes;
The underlying lie, waiting to be told.
The stabbers of many backs, the backs that only crack;
These make sure, that none can make it back.
Their deceit and lies, false tears and cries;
Any play to convince, that friends aren't spies.
They know that to be close, is better than afar,
Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer.
To cut it close, even closer than before;
To get caught, is worst than all betrayals and more.
This is the end of the betrayers pretend;
Because betrayers always lose, in their own game in the end.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Face of Betrayal by Abraham John Jaggernauth )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- i dye my hair the color of us, Mandolyn Davidson
- Meeting Warmth~, Kamini Arichandran
- Smaller Contemporary Indian English Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- मेथाइ(से), Ronjoy Brahma
- It Was First Kiss; Kissing You For The F.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Only, laxami Cards
- आय' दैज्लां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Was Lawrence A Sadhu? The Sadhu of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A sad sot..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Do You Think? (Are You Only Gifted & Tal.., Bijay Kant Dubey