Abraham John Jaggernauth
The Face of Betrayal
Cordial appearances seemed to stay, but lies and deceit make their way.
Fleet between the makers net, these fish swim away and stay in set.
As sneaky as they come, as sneaky as they go.
But don't be mistaken, everyone knows.
The foe of many faces, the face of many foes;
The underlying lie, waiting to be told.
The stabbers of many backs, the backs that only crack;
These make sure, that none can make it back.
Their deceit and lies, false tears and cries;
Any play to convince, that friends aren't spies.
They know that to be close, is better than afar,
Keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer.
To cut it close, even closer than before;
To get caught, is worst than all betrayals and more.
This is the end of the betrayers pretend;
Because betrayers always lose, in their own game in the end.
Abraham John Jaggernauth's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (The Face of Betrayal by Abraham John Jaggernauth )
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Dreaming of Things While I Remain In My .., Rohit Sapra
- Facebooker, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kidultnap, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Laugh, arshad arshad
- Puzzle of a Lovely Girl's Name!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- E- Humanity, Aamir Joyci
- In Memory of my Mother, George Pfumbi
- I Saw You Today, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Death of the Ball Turret Gunner, Randall Jarrell
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)