The Faceless Name
In memory of Josephine, June 1991
From age of two she knew your name
Learnt to spell it out completely
All meant nothing and quite the same
Nothing seemed to fit quite neatly.
She saw your gown that hung inside
Her wardrobe amongst her tiny clothes
Purple, flowing. Spots aside,
Enchanting, but unworn since the oath.
The writing of your hand a mystery
That appears on most certificates
Of proof that you are her history
Lest one day this knowledge eradicates.
Your face on pixels she knows by heart
But none her archives can withdraw from
Only her sister your work of art
Reminds her the reason that she mourns.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Faceless Name by Tiffanie Lein )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman
- Hide and Seek, Dean Meredith
- In Rum, Beer, Brandy, Whiskey, See I My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Let's Climb A Mountain, Ronald Chapman
- Learning to Live, Ronald Chapman
- Laundry Day (Haiku), Ronald Chapman
- The Lamb (Children's Poetry), Ronald Chapman