Discovered on the tip of my nose this morning
was a fairy.
'Hello, I'm a fairy, ' said the fairy.
'I don't believe in you, ' I said.
'I believe in you, ' she said and off she flew
Into the blue blue afternoon she flew-
A new one, a new one, afternoon...
'I'm not real! ' she said in flight,
'I'm a creature of your mind.'
'I'm not real! ' she said in fright,
'I'm of the artists' replikind:
A blend of pretty things you find.'
Indeed a cluttered fluttered mind
To Edelweiss and idleby,
But was it just a butterfly?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fairy by Padraig O'Connor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- For Your Family Pride, Are You Going To .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tears of A Woman, Who Can Underatnd .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Is A Groovy Thing, Electric Lady
- I Think, tallulah montegue
- Fill Free, Teye Wayoe Ebenezer
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney