The Faith of Baha'i
We cling to multiple identities;
Such identities impel us to show
Loyalties based on identities.
Multi-loyalties bring conflict in us.
Loyalties propel us to side or fight.
Religions and politics take much toll.
Language and territories are not behind.
Racial identities still raise their heads.
Leave identities; leave loyalties.
Both tell that you are led by prejudices.
A world community formed without them
Is what Baha'u'lla'h preached as his faith.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Faith of Baha'i by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu
- Lights connect to each other, Mohammad Siddiqui
- My silent cry echoes through the universe, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Love keeps flowering and sometimes, Gert Strydom
- We sit on a balcony, Gert Strydom
- Cheap Shots, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- COPLA 69 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Days When The Darkness Is Greater Than T.., Shalom Freedman
- STORM IN A TEACUP, Philo Yan
- Never take anybody, gajanan mishra