THE FALL! !
He was packed to leave, determined with hope,
But the tables turned and everything came crashing down the slope,
While the masses have embarked on their long and tiring journey,
He stood stranded on an island facing a plaguing jury.
With time gone by and age growing stale,
A torture subjected that seeks no bail,
Being in a cage under watchful careful eyes,
The fall is most painful when all hope dies.
A chance to start afresh the long old tale.
With a full blown effort that drives him pale,
The steps to victory have shut itself to the road;
Unleashing the guards of labor it long kept stored.
The fall of the knight came long after the fight;
When the ruins of his damage became an unbearable sight,
A paltry effort to keep hidden the fear;
A success to the point of drawing no tear.
To rise from the ashes, the phoenix needs death,
To greet a new beginning it needs a strong sheath;
The rise from the fall needs mending the broken,
Before joining the fleet to which once it had not so long ago spoken
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Fall! by Saurav Sudhir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- বিবেকের দংশন, Amitava Sur
- ., John Daniel Thieme
- Who is my Assassin, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- World is my mother, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Be Positive, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Night Within, tolu ogundare
- Unfulfilled Dream, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Will of God, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Lonely Scare crow, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Legacies; Mothers And Daughters; Sewing, Karen Swenson