The fertile period the couple should unite!
The untouchable three days of the wife
…during the menstrual period,
the husband is advised not to look
… at her and approach!
After she takes bath and make herself
…clean after three days,
The husband is advised not to leave her
…for next twelve days, said by knowledgeable persons!
That is the period of ovulation,
…the time of forming ovum ie
the fertile period the couple should unite
…for consummation that leads to pregnancy!
This poet had said what is scientifically true for all times!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The fertile period the couple should unite! ' is a translation of a Tamil poem from 'aasaarak kOvai'
தீண்டாநாள் முந்நாளும் நோக்கார்நீ ராடியபின்
ஈராறு நாளும் இகவற்க என்பதே
பேரறி வாளர் துணிவு.42 ஆசாரக் கோவை
Comments about this poem (The fertile period the couple should unite! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)