The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 1 pestilence
I am pestilence!
A guardian of this earth
I am an Enforcer!
You will not see me.
I ride my steed upon the wind.
I lurk in putrid pools,
Of your creation.
I sleep in river beds,
Alongside the chemicals
You have discarded.
I roam the seas
Through your filth!
I shall send my cousins,
Plague and virus
I will let loose
My beloved daughter,
To visit hell upon you.
You, who have desecrated my treasured soil.
My brothers, War, Famine and Death
Will be my companions.
We shall scourge the earth
Of your presence.
I am near, so near,
Look over your shoulder,
You may not see me now,
But i am there!
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Comments about this poem (The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 1 pestilence by Owain Glyn )
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)