THE FRIEND WHO CARED
There was a friend who was so special,
Who wiped my tears,
And held my hand.
When others turned the other way,
there was no beginning, just an end.
She was the one whom I turned to,
Whom I called a friend.
She laughed at me,
She smiled at me,
And felt it was her duty.
To remind one of her worth,
And all my inner beauty as such.
When the eyes of others could only dwell,
Upon my exposed outer shell.
They saw the girl with trepidation,
Seeing this girl they turned there faces.
But she was there to whisper, when they didn’t care.
She held my secrets in her heart,
That people like me could share with her.
Now time has eased me form an phase,
But she was the one who knew my grace.
And like a true friend once she advised me to take care and to never leave her and go.
And after that I made a commitment that;
I LL ALWAYS FOLLOW THE WORDS OF MY TRUE FRIEND.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (THE FRIEND WHO CARED by mahima pahwa )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- MOTHER'S CURSE, john chizoba vincent
- Little Images, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Risque, Tiku akp
- Loss of Innocence, Bijay Kant Dubey
- HUMANKIND, john chizoba vincent
- Sorry, If I Have Hurt Your Feelings, Ext.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Deep Deep Peace, Margaret Moran
- Aflas Ke Basti..., pakeeza rizvi
- WHO REALLY CONTROLS THE WORLD?, john chizoba vincent
- Walking In Clouds, Juan Olivarez