The Girl on the Bus
Today on the bus I saw a child whose skin was dark and race was black.
She could not have been over 6 but she wasn't in school.
I wondered what her life would be like in 20 years, what she would lack.
For her summer was spent riding her dad's bus day after day, not able to play with other kids at the pool.
It hurts to think that this child's future is so bleak.
No education, no opportunities, just the clothes on her back.
Seeing this i realize how lucky i am and also what i seek.
There isn't much i can do for her now but i will make a pack.
I will use my resources that you never had
and put myself somewhere that you'll never go
I'll use my money to help you when times are bad.
i don't know you, but this is the love i show.
Sammy Sparrow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Girl on the Bus by Sammy Sparrow )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Let us not quote, hasmukh amathalal
- It's Okay, Michael McParland
- I invite you, hasmukh amathalal
- Prelude, Paul Cranley
- Be I Worthy....., Jara Son of Ahaz
- I love but, hasmukh amathalal
- 'FOR ME—WHAT MADE ‘BRYANT MCGILL' TRULY .., Nikhil Parekh
- happy b'day to india's most fascinating .., Nikhil Parekh
- تعالي لنرسم معاً قوس قزح, سميح القاسم
- Norman Doesn't Go to Ferguson, Missouri, Donal Mahoney