The good people shall voluntarily help other persons!
O’ Girl! with head hair
beautifully adorned with flower(s) !
Our beautiful hand is offering with pleasure
delicious food to our tongue, not for compliments!
Similarly, the good people with no vices
shall voluntarily go and help other persons
whatever they need as help and materials,
Even to those persons who do not praise them!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'The good people shall voluntarily help other persons! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'NanneRi'
என்றும் முகமன் இயம்பாதவர் கண்ணும்
சென்று பொருள் கொடுப்பர் தீது அற்றோர் - துன்றுசுவை
பூவின் பொலி குழலாய்! பூங்கை புகழவோ
நாவிற்கு உதவும் நயந்து.1 நன்னெறி
Comments about this poem (The good people shall voluntarily help other persons! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
Poem of the Day
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez